Tag: tattoo artist
What keeps celebrities going back to their favourite tattoo artist? For example…
State-of-the-art equipment alone is not enough
An artist may have advanced tattoo machines, expensive inks, and maybe even the best tattoo shop/ tattoo studio, but there’ll always be someone with more.
So for a celebrity with money to spend, no single artist should hold their attention for too long, right?
Skill and experience alone aren’t enough either
Agreed … Beckham’s artist Louis Malloy may be hailed as the best in England and Depp’s Jonathan Shaw was a trendsetter in his particular style of neo-tribal tattoos…
But most stars tend to choose tattoos from different genres: Angelina Jolie for example has gothic, Thai, and Japanese tattoos. And as artists often specialize in particular styles of tattooing, the celebs should logically change artists for each tattoo if they want the best … not stay with the same one.
It all comes down to the bond between client and artist
At the end of the day, the best artists are those that develop a bond with their clients … celebrities or otherwise. And while standards of skill and hygiene need to be met, at the heart of the bond lies trust.
Do you have this bond with your artist? You know you do when…
- You listen to your artist’s suggestions without wondering if he/she is just to trying to get more money from you
- Your artist is comfortable and straightforward enough with you to say ‘no’ where it needs to be said (e.g. when the dimensions you choose for your design won’t work, or if your choices for colour combinations aren’t the best)
- You can describe the emotions you want your tattoo to evoke and know that your artist understands exactly what you mean.
- Your artist shows an interest in how your tattoo heals and follows up later to ask you about it
- You and your artist can actually talk as friends and not just as business acquaintances
To experience all that goes into getting a tattoo, it’s worth your while to find an artist with whom to develop a bond. If you haven’t already found one, this is the best time to start looking.
Build a bond with your Talisman artists
Over the years, Amar and I have learnt to recognize the value of building a bond with our clients. This post is one way of sharing this commitment of ours; but we have another: get a 2nd tattoo from Talisman and we’ll give you a 10% discount on it.
by admin on Apr.18, 2010, under